Pumpkin Pie

I have to post this recipe so I don't lose it. I am not a big pumpkin pie fan, but I really, really... really liked this one. My favorite part about this recipe was that it only made one pie. (Of course I ended up making two anyway after I dropped the first one...)

1 egg
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2.Add the sugar gradually to the pumpkin puree. Beat well an stir in the flour, salt and spices. Stir in the corn syrup and beat well. Stir in the slightly beaten egg, then slowly add the evaporated milk, mixing until well blended. Pour the batter into the unbaked pie shell.
3.Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 10 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees F) and continue baking pie for an additional hour or until a knife inserted into the mixture comes out clean.

*Tip- If you loosely place a piece of aluminum foil, in a tent shape, over the pie while it bakes at 325, the pie crust will be perfectly browned and not burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment