Tomato Soup

It is a cold, fall evening and my family requested tomato soup! I found this recipe on allrecipes. Good stuff! Perfect for a cold fall evening. This was served with grilled ham and cheese sandwiches on sourdough. YUM!

2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes (I had diced, I just blended them smooth)
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
18 fresh basil leaves, minced (I couldn't find any at the store!?! Used the dried stuff...)
garlic to taste
dried onion to taste
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup whipping cream (I used 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1/2 cup milk)
6 TBSP butter or
salt and pepper to taste

In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer. Add basil, garlic, onion and sugar. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds oh-so-tasty. I will have to make it once the temperatures here aren't near 90 anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete