Russian "Tea"

We used to have this (and even passed it off as wassail a couple of times) growing up, and the original recipe included instant tea.  I have since excluded that ingredient and find it to be just as tasty!

2 c. Tang, undiluted (dry)
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 pkg. Kool-aid lemonade

Place ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended (alternatively, you can place in a glass jar with a screw top and shake until blended).  To serve, mix 2 tsp. of the mix with 1 c. of boiling water.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly like my recipe which I began using years ago to "rotate" (read "use up")my food storage orange drink. When the kids were little we packaged it up like cocoa mix for delivery to our neighbors at Christmastime. Upon delivery, I made the kids sing "Here We Go A-wassailing". Good times. Good times.

    ReplyDelete