Lemon Bars

Tangy, sweet and refreshing. These cookies always make me think of my mom. The recipe comes from my great Auntie Donna. I thought I’d post it in honor of the blog’s new look. :)

Crust:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (margarine works too but butter is oh, so much better in my opinion)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Combine above ingredients with a pastry blender or with a fork until dough forms. Pat lightly into 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Filling:
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking powder
Combine filling ingredients and pour over baked crust. Bake 25 minutes longer. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cool completely. Cut into bars of desired size. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment