3 large russet potatoes with peels,scrubbed
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided (you could use canola, peanut or whatever but I personally love olive oil)
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Scrub your potatoes and cut each potato into 8 wedges. Rinse them off and set aside in a large bowl of hot water for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Spread 4 tablespoons of the oil on a large heavy baking sheet (like a jelly roll pan).
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the oil. Set aside.
- Now drain your potatoes. Dry them well using paper towels or a kitchen towel.
- Dry out the bowl they were in and put them back in along with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Toss to coat.
- Spread potato wedges in a single layer on your sheet pan.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil (this is important!).
- Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for 5 minutes and then remove the foil.
- Continue baking for another 10 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until the bottoms of them are becoming golden brown.
- Now remove the potatoes from the oven and using either tongs or a spatula flip them all over so the up sides are down.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes depending on desired doneness.
- Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired.
I doubled the recipe and my family of six took care of them without any problem.
These would also be awesome with fry sauce or ketchup.
*Recipe found on Pinterest and adapted from HERE.