Melt in Your Mouth Sugar Cookies

This is the dough that I use with my cookie press...

1 c. margarine or butter, softened
1 c. vegetable oil
1 c. sugar
1 c. sifted confectioner's sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
4 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar

Heat oven to 350. Combine butter, oil, and sugars; beat well on medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar; add to creamed mixture. Put into cookie press. Bake 8-10 minutes until set and *slightly* brown around edges.

5 comments:

  1. You have a cookie press? I'm so jealous!
    These sound delicous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep -- I wouldn't have bought one, but I earned it through sales when I did Pampered Chef. I don't use it a ton, but it's fun to make "seasonal" cookies without going through the whole rolling and cutting out deal sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this dough thick enough to roll out and make cut outs? Pardon my ignorance, I have never used a cookie press.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I think you could, you would just want to chill it for a bit to firm the dough up some. I will warn you, though, they are really sweet on their own (making them with the cookie press, I usually just sprinkle on some colored sugar for decoration before baking), so take a taste before you frost them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I posted the dough I use for cutouts a few months back -- do a search for White Velvet Cutouts -- seriously one of the best "sugar" cookie dough recipes ever! :)

    ReplyDelete