Pork Loin

Many moons ago my grandpa decided that he had seen enough turkey by the time Christmas rolled around. Thus began the tradition to eat pork on Christmas day. That tradition has carried on.
This year I found this simple, and very tasty recipe. My family loved it, and I loved how easy it was. It was very moist and flavorful.
I found the recipe on allrecipes.com. It has received 4 1/2 stars.

Original Recipe Yield 10 servings
Ingredients
1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin roast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup applesauce
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I only had spicy mustard- it was great!)
1 tablespoon honey
3 sprigs fresh rosemary ( I used dried rosemary)
Directions
1.Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in oil. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the applesauce, mustard and honey; spread over roast. Top with rosemary. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 1-3/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

1 comment: