Chicken Mexican Casserole

Here is another easy recipe. It is one of my favorite things to eat! I know I have shared it with you ladies before.

2 to 3 breasts of chicken, cooked and shredded
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans diced green chilies
1 can of evaporated milk (I sub regular milk a lot)
1 to 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
10-15 corn tortillas cut in to strips

Combine soup, chilies, and milk in a bowl.

Spread about 1/3 of soup mix in the bottom of a 9x13 pan (that has been sprayed with non-stick spray).
Top with a layer of tortilla strips. Top with 1/3 of shredded chicken. Sprinkle lightly with some of the cheese.
Repeat two more times.

I usually put the majority of the cheese on the top of the casserole.

Bake in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
I serve this with a dollop of sour cream, spanish rice, and beans.

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum! Love this recipe! Sometimes I add black beans right to the layers and substitute flour for corn tortillas. I also serve it with some salsa-y goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add black beans ocassionally as well--and sometimes a can of corn. It helps it stretch a little farther with my hungry family. It's a family favorite!

    ReplyDelete